Monday, June 29, 2009

Drowning

It tempts you so much the moment you see the waves,
I always run towards it and dive into joy.

Sooner you think you can swim a little deeper,
Stroke by stroke, I leave the shore towards the depth.

The depth - to survive it – is what lures the most,
Few return safe after exploring few waves.

But we have to talk about me and similar souls,
We just go deeper against & through each wave.

Few like me hardly worry about returning back
We choose to enjoy the thrill or perish.

But I made a decision to come back,
The first few strokes were very easy.

Safety was not far away just few strokes away
I was wrong in thinking so, soon enough.

It was as if the waves made a fight of me,
The harder I tried to swim away they dragged me in deep.

I see few others cling on to logs for safety,
None is nearby me, I have to swim or perish.

The second half of the swim is tiring me,
Slowly killing me, I try to float for awhile.

Conserving energy against the tides should’ve been a good ploy,
Just that few sharks are lurking by.

No life guard as usual in my life to be saved,
 few things are easy to get used to in your life.

They occur so many times than natural, 
you have to admit there is a plot despite your desire.

How am I going to get to the shore is the pending question?
What matters is that I am still alive!

Bye.
Mopper.



         M O P P E R'S                       
                       *   *

                    *        *
                    *
                    *
           * * * * ** * * * *
          *         * *             *
         * * * * *  *    *      *
          *         *     *        *
           * * * * * * * * *
         D R U T H I N R O





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home